Due to my change in phones, no real details exist of the recipe for this brew other than it was a variation to the Hefeweizen I made on brewday 5!
The recipe then was:
- 2.5kg Pilsner Malt
- 3kg Wheat Malt
- 25g Hallertauer Mittelfrueh hops @ 90 minutes
- 1 Wyeast Labs 3068 Weizen yeast
But this time I used Galena Hops, and also added the peel of an Orange, and Coriander Seeds to the boil. The plan was to add a Strawberry syrup to half of the finished beer prior to bottling too.
The brewday itself went to plan however unfortunately Lactobacillus struck again in the fermenter and the whole batch was destined for the drain! This was the same fermenter as the infected Octoberfest Ale in brewday 13 and on closer examination in seems the inner surface has become pitted and scratched and provided a perfect hiding place for bacteria to lurk. I may have been being overly cautious but this fermenter was officially retired to the tip!